Rando Q & A about WineLeague
- We are a 501c(3) non-profit corporation whose mission is to help dynamic non-profits reach their next generation of supporters in a unique way — competitive wine tasting events! We partner with great charities in our community and host these events to both fundraise, and friendraise for them. Our event provide a platform to bring together young professionals who will become the future volunteers and supporters of these great causes.
- Yes indeed, we are! WineLeague is run entirely by unpaid volunteers and collects a minimal administration fee to co-host events for our chosen beneficiaries.
- Each team must bring 3 BOTTLES of the same wine that matches to the varietal of the night, no matter how many people are on your team. The event would break down and not work if we allowed any deviations from this formula. We will never turn down a wine entry, but if it doesn’t match our criteria for the night, that wine cannot win the event. Please click HERE for more details on how our unique wine tasting events work.
- We love our sponsors! Sponsorship adds richness to our events that otherwise would be impossible for us to create. Sponsors get incredible local and national exposure for their businesses to a highly sought after demographic — young professionals — in exchange for donations of their products and services. For more information on how to sponsor WineLeague, click HERE.
- Why thank you for asking!!! Dedicated volunteers are the only reason we exist, so the more the merrier! We always welcome able-bodied individuals who want to make a positive difference in their home towns. Several options are available to get involved with WineLeague® including: our national Board of Directors, local Board of Directors in each community where a league exists, and as an event volunteer. Please contact us HERE to inquire how you can join our cause.
- We get asked this quite often. Each event is unique and different from the next, but there are some ways to improve your chances of gaining more Favorite Wine votes. Que up the Final Jeopardy soundtrack:
- The first (and most obvious) answer is to attend as many events as possible! The more you enter, the better your odds of rising to the top and winning.
- Most wines that win our events are priced in the $15-25 per bottle range. To be frank, WineLeaguers come to our events for many reasons and don’t necessarily have sophisticated wine tasting pallets. More complex, and thereby more expensive wines may go unappreciated. By contrast, a wine of low-quality may very end up at the top of the Least Favorite voting, so don’t go too cheaply!
- As our events grow in size, many of the entries will not be taste tested by every attendee. There’s not much you can do about this! Our suggestion to help you overcome the odds is to invite a lot of your friends, and agree to split any winnings by multiple teams instead of by just one team. For example, six friends could form two teams and agree to split any wine won six-ways rather than three-ways.