WineLeague Event: How-It-Works
Step 1: Form a team
- Your team may be 1, 2, or 3 persons (but never more than 3!)
- Each member of your team must be at least 21 years of age on the day of the event.
Step 2: Register your team for the event
- Go to our EventBrite page to register you and your team for the event HERE.
- If you are forming a team, create a team through Eventbrite and invite your friends to join.
- If you are joining an existing team, search for your team name and join it.
Step 3: Buy 3 bottles of wine and bring them to the event
- WineLeague works with each event beneficiary to decide on a varietal for the night. For example, we may select Italian Reds as the wine of the evening.
- EACH TEAM MUST BRING 3 BOTTLES OF THE SAME WINE NO MATTER IF YOUR TEAM IS 1, 2, OR 3 PEOPLE!
- When we say BOTTLE, we mean BOTTLE! No boxes, cans, wineskins, etc.!
- Your bottles of wine should NOT be odd in shape or size. This will preserve the anonymity of the bottles during the tasting. We retain the right to disallow an entry if it is too easy to identify based on its shape/size.
Step 4: Drop your wine bottles off at the registration desk
- After you check-in and drop off your wine bottles, the WineLeague crew and volunteers from the beneficiary will open and wrap 2 of the 3 bottles of wine so you cannot tell what it is, and then assign a random number to the wine. We keep your third bottle unopened and unwrapped in the back room until the end of the night.
- As the event gets started, we will place your two wrapped bottles out in the main room for tasting.
Step 5: Let the Party begin!
- We begin the event with a few words from the beneficiary of the night, our sponsors, and from your WineLeague commissioner who is in charge of organizing the event.
- Then it’s ‘Game On’ and you are free to move about the room and taste wines, enjoy the hors d’oeuvres, and jam out to some tunes by a live band or DJ.
Step 6: Cast your votes for Favorite Wine & Least Favorite Wine
- After about 90 minutes, we call for votes.
- Each person is allowed to vote once for their Favorite Wine and Least Favorite Wine.
- We will announce a website page to hit that will collect your votes. 1 vote for Fav and 1 vote for Least Fav per person, not per team.
Step 7: Collect your bounty
- Once the votes are cast and counted, we will award all of the third unopened bottles of wine to the top three teams, except for one bottle.
- The team that brought the Least Favorite wine of the evening gets the privilege of taking their bottle of rubbing alcohol back home : )
Step 8: Earn your place at our Year-End Awards Soiree (Y.E.A.S.)
- The fun doesn’t stop with just one event.
- WineLeague is now tracking each team’s net Favorite Votes (minus any Least Favorite Votes) throughout the calendar year season.
- The top 10 teams that collect the most net Favorite Wine votes will be invited to attend our year-end awards party free-of-charge! For more information on the year-end awards soiree, click HERE.